Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Show Time

It's here! My crazy weekend of art shows! The weekend which has made me wonder how insane I am to sign up for basically two shows in three days. I guess we'll find out next week if insane or genius is the right word.

Tonight at Junction City in Peoria IL I will be participating in the second day of Artists on the Boardwalk.  It is the 4th Friday during the summer months.  Stop by the boardwalk to see a bunch of artists, eat some surprisingly good grilled food, see all the boutiques, and have a beer at the pub.  Junction City was throwing a Summer Solstice event last Friday with a petting zoo, circus performers, and other family friendly attractions.  Summer Solstice was postponed due to crazy storms, and will be going on today in conjunction with Artists on the Boardwalk.  It will be quite the evening so don't miss it.


Saturday and Sunday is the Rhapsody in Bloom art show at the Luthy Botanical Garden in Peoria IL.  This is a big show for me...lots of firsts.  First show that I need to set up and fill a 10x10 canopy space.  First show that is two consecutive days.  First show that is more than 6 hours long.  I am a combination of nervous and excited.  Right now mostly excited. 
This should be a good show.  It's a set in a beautiful setting.  It's not a huge show, about 50 artists.  Live music, food, and a silent auction.  It runs Saturday from 10-5 and Sunday from 12-5.  Stop by and check it out.

No comments: