Friday, June 21, 2013

Sneak Peak Friday-one week before two shows edition

Today is technically three sneak peaks. All of what I have to show are new, and I'm equally excited about each one.  I have a solo weekend starting today.  I plan to spend most of the time prepping for next weeks shows.  That means a mock booth set up tomorrow and lots of new flowers.
 

On FaceBook a few days ago I had someone ask if I made Calla Lilies and Gerber Daisies.  I'd attempted both in the past but haven't tried either one since I picked up the beads again.  Gerber Daisies are complicated with lots of petals and lacing.  Calla Lilies are slightly easier in that it is one large petal but getting it to lay properly was always my problem.  That night I stayed up late goofing around and this is what I came up with.  I'm over the moon excited about this Calla Lilly.  I have an album on FB with more images that show the curl in the petal.  The center is bright pink and copper wire.  I hope to get three more made for next week.

The Rhapsody in Bloom art show means I need to fill a 10x10 booth.  Which means I need to fill up another tables worth of inventory.  I'm making more wreaths.  Actually, I'm loving making wreaths.  And this one is pretty much already finished.  It is my new favorite wreath.  Sorry Strawberry wreath, I love berries but it is Sunflower season!


 This pile is much more organized now that I've spent a couple hours working on it.  The dark blue lilies will combine with those little silver petals to make one amazing wreath.  This will be done by the end of the weekend.  Underneath this pile are some turquoise petals, these will become my third new wreath.  I'm having some exciting design ideas with these and I'm hoping they pan out.

Confession:
I've typed "actually" about 5 extra times in this post and deleted it.  I've been watching Sherlock, the BBC version and in love.  But apparently I think I'm British now.  I really just can't get how they say "actually" out of my head!  What are you watching right now?  Is it a good show/movie to work to?

No comments: