Friday, May 03, 2013

a girl needs a plan

Have I given you the rundown on the show's I'll be exhibiting in this summer?  I'm made a page to display up at the top so if you forget check it out there.

Artists on the Boardwalk at Junction City: from 4-8 on May 24, June 28, July 26, Aug 23
Rhapsody in Bloom at the Luthy Botanic Garden in Peoria IL: June 29 and 30
Art and Wine Festival at the Mackinaw Valley Vineyard in Mackinaw IL: July 21

Be prepared to hear me talk a lot about booth design and inventory and attempts at organization.  But before I go into all those nitty gritty posts I'm going on a mini vacation.  A mini work vacation.  A few weeks ago on "one of those days" C and I decided we needed a break.  We wanted to get away from the house and away from some stress and let our creativity flow.  He's just finished his mini album and already has 17 songs in his head waiting to be written on paper.  I had just applied to shows and wanted to go somewhere and take my beads and work.  We envision a trip of creative fun for a few hours in the morning then off to go for a walk in the warm sun looking in art galleries and eating and drinking good food.

I'm so excited for this little trip.  We head up next Wednesday.  I will have Crymson Flower on vacation mode during this long weekend. I will have my computer with me but my focus is on beading and creating.  So no promises for any blog posts, but I hope to do some FaceBook updates and sneak peeks.  Make sure you like my facebook page for those updates.

I've been trying to figure out what to work on while up there.  Flowers, wreaths, wine accessories, and then which ones.  In reality I need more of all of them, but I need a little focus.  So I need help... What would you like to seem more of?  A certain color or combination of colors?  A flower? A bouquet? I love suggestions, that's how my brains starts to focus. 

The pictures above is a quick sneak peek of what's on my work table right now.  Are you excited about another wreath?  It's still in progress...it needs more leaves for sure.  Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

nordwolke said...

The break sounds wonderful. Will you be in the mountains or at the sea? Can't wait to read more about your trip and see and listen to both of your results.

Cathy Engberg said...

I really love the blues and oranges together! Those little red flower really add a wonderful surprise also! You could do another with a strong yellow along with the orange and red.