Thursday, February 07, 2013

pink flowers sparkle

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I've sort of dropped the ball in what I planned to be a bombardment of posts on why beaded flowers make excellent Valentine gifts. Beaded flowers can make a normal bouquet of flowers really special. Where fresh flowers wither and fade beaded flowers will literally last a life time. I use quality seed beads so colors will not fade. I accent flowers with gemstones, crystals, or glass beads to ensure that each flower is truly a unique piece of art.

The following flower is special.  It's the first flower I made when I returned to beads a couple months ago.  It's also the reason I started beading again and putting an emphasis in wire work.  I really loved wrapping the wire and combining it with the flowers.  The green petals are a mix of greens, mostly a silver lined mint green.  The pink petals have brass wire wrapping accented with Swarovski crystals.  And the center is made from fire polished glass beads and a mother of pearl bead.

Click here for purchase information.





1 comment:

nordwolke said...

So lovely, I love the outer edge of the orange petals!