Monday, February 18, 2013

less than a week till the Academy Awards

Have you ever hosted an Oscars party?  ok let me back up...did you realize that the Academy Awards is this Sunday!  It sort of snuck up on me this year.  I don't usually do anything big for the Oscars.  For the past three years I've Skyped with my bestie, M during the show.  It gives us an excuse to drink wine together and catch up in between awards.  This year she'll be in town and I'm super excited. 

This means the party's at my place this year.  We'll start early to catch the red carpet.  We'll order out from local eateries and drink lots of wine.  She suggested we place bets on who will win each category and whoever gets the most right wins a prize.  We haven't hammered out all the details of what that prize might be.  Probaby just the left over food.  It's still going to be a lot of fun.

I'm going to take the opportunity to do some new product testing that night.  I have a few new items I'm wanting to add to the Crymson Flower's inventory.  This will be the perfect opportunity to test them out.  See how other wine lovers like them.  And really it's just fun to bring some color to the party.  Here's a sneak peak of some of what I plan to bring out.  And I'll post party pic's next week. 





What are you up to for the Academy Awards?  See anything above you're excited to see in the shop?  Who do you think is going to wear the best dress?  or you know win the big awards? 

1 comment:

Cathy Engberg said...

These are great! Really fun way to dress up your wine. Would make my cheap wine glasses a bit fancier! I could see that working well for gifts too.