Wednesday, April 08, 2015

swallowed by the business side of business

For the first few months of the year I was oozing creativity.  Ideas, and colors, and big plans.  I made goals to try new art fairs this year.  And I enthusiastically started a new line of flowers that I truly feel is my new direction in beading.  It is the fork in my beading career's path that I've been waiting to appear for a long time.

And then March hit.  I was accepted into my first art fair of the year.  Spring Bloom in Bloomington Il.  In two weeks!  I'm excited that it is a new show for me.  I'm excited to see how this new group of people work.  And to meet a new people.  I plan to return to the Botanic Garden show in June that has been so good to  me.

Unfortunately, I was turned down from the other Chicago area shows I applied to.  They were a long shot to get into.  I chose some higher end shows and my booth is pretty scrappily put together.  I really don't have many of my new tile pieces to show off in a booth, and I think many people find my flowers and wreaths crafty.  Which won't go to my benefit in jurying.  Oh well.  I'm bummed but more looking to what next.  I have a whole year!  So I'm updating my booth look.  I'll show pics in the next post.

I'm going to relaunch my website.  I'm working on the new redesign, which includes lots of tweaking and decision making.  I'm working on all the last minute details for the upcoming show.  I'm looking into online and local galleries that might be interested in having a few of my tiles on their walls.  This is all a lot of research and it has resulted in a lot less creating than what was going on a few months ago.

I've set a date to start beading more new tiles after the show.  Basically starting in May I want to have my hands on some wire and beads.

1 comment:

Cathy Engberg said...

It's a busy time for sure. Hard to be patient for May I bet! But the Spring Bloom show is something to look forward to. I really think it's going to be good.