Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring Bloom Success and Future show update

The Spring Bloom show last weekend was a huge success. I had a great time.  It was a fun show, indoors with a decent turn out.  Artists were doing well and people were having fun shopping.  You really can't beat that combination.  I did really well too. 
Here are some shots of my booth.  I borrowed walls from my mom.  They look so much more professional than my folding wicker wall.  The green curtain behind my one wall is actually my neighbor's booth.  Though it does look sharp behind the wall. 
Through out the show we discussed how to make mine and actually my Mom's booth better.  More professional.  I think the walls are definitely a step in the right direction.  But they do seem very blah in front of the white walls in a canopy.  The green just makes it all seem cozier.  The problem with curtains and a wall is that it gets awfully hot in a canopy with all that in the middle of July.  And people don't like to come into a booth when it's hot and stuffy.  Not to mention the sweaty monster I'd become hanging out in that booth.  I'm not sure where the balance is there. 

I sold my favorite copper tile piece almost immediately at the show.  I really hadn't even had a chance to share it.  (Unless you follow me on FB then you've seen it).  Sunflower went fast, a partial sunflower on a heat patinated piece of copper.  I can't wait to make another one.  The layers of petals were so much fun.  And I want to do some experimenting with color in the center. 
 
I've had a lot of sales lately and not only am I down to 50% of my copper tile stock now.  But flowers too.  I didn't have a flower in the color combination wanted by a customer so she placed an order.  This wonderful teal and blue lily with blingy crystals in the center is on it's way to her house as we speak.  I hope she loves it.  I sure do.  In fact I still have those colors pulled out to make some more. 

 
I'm more than a little disappointed to announce that this year's Peoria Botanic Garden show is on different dates.  In fact it's not in June at all any more.  It's the first weekend in August.  Which makes it impossible for me to attend.  C and I bought tickets to Lollapalooza that weekend, and they are paid in full.  So I will not be going.  I also was not accepted into the Chicago area art shows I applied to this year.  So despite my big plans for the summer, I may have already done my show of the year.  Yes, I'm bummed.  But it has also let up a huge pressure on me in an already very busy spring.   I still have two applications out I'm waiting to hear back from.  We will see how they go.
 
 

No comments: