Friday, January 02, 2015

lists and art shows for 2015

I'm starting another year with a pile of lists.  One for house to do's, one for Crymson Flower, one for life in general, and another for goals for the year.  It's hard not to start the year out with high expectations.

Currently I'm brimming with inspiration.  I'm finishing up a commission and after that I'm free to play with some new and fresh ideas.  It's also the time of year to decide what art shows I want to apply for this year.  This is completely overwhelming and intimidating to me. I know I want to do two local shows, one new, and then of course the Botanic Garden show that I've come to feel loyal to.  A third show would feel good.  Preferably one out of town and one in late summer/fall.  I want to stretch my comfort zone a bit by trying a different town.  Perhaps even venturing to the Chicago area.  It's scary but probably the right thing way to go.  I just have to find the right one to try out.

Does any one out there do shows in Chicago area?  Any recommendations?

No comments: