Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring and Summer Shows so far

I spent a bunch of time this winter figuring out what I wanted to do with flowers this year.  Trying out new art shows is my priority.  So far I've applied to 5 and am thinking of a 6th.  I won't be showing in them all, I'm just trying to get into a couple.  I might have jumped in the deep end with some fancier shows than I'm capable of getting into.  I'm still waiting to find out about most of them

What I do know is that I will be at a show called Spring Bloom in Bloomington Illinois.  It is an in door show on Saturday April 18th from 10-5.  It is the first time I'll have participated in anything organized by the McLean County Arts Center and I'm excited to see how they work.   If this goes well they have a larger show in July that I would apply for in 2016.


The second show I'm fairly certain I will be doing this year is the Peoria Botanic Garden art show at the end of June.  I've been there the last two years and it's been good to me.  So I can hardly say no to that.

My new line of Copper Flower Tiles will be at these shows and up for sale.  They are truly what I am over the moon excited about and want to spend my time working on and exploring.  This piece is called Caged Lotus and it is inspired by my Aunt's line of Chicken baskets.  The wire work was so fun to do.  I can't wait to learn more braids and weaves.


No comments: