Wednesday, June 24, 2015

More Works in Progress

Here is another copper piece that I've been playing with.  I love the shape of this flower.  It will look great in many different color combos.  Unfortunately, I freeze up every time I try and and start another one.  I can't quite pick a color combo that I'm in love with enough to redo this flower.  Silly, I know.  And I'll get over it.

So I've had this idea lately to try braiding the wire for an interesting flower stem.  This was my first attempt.  I haven't found a whole lot of braiding tutorials online.  Mostly just the same braids over and over again.  I think that calls for a trip to the book store to see what I can come up with there.  But for my first attempt at the mermaid braid I think it turned out pretty good.  


I think the piece need a single leaf just for a finishing touch.  And then it'll be done.  

1 comment:

Things To Do said...

This is so cool. I also love the copper background! Can't wait to see the final piece.