Tuesday, March 26, 2013

daffodils daffodils daffodils

I think of two things when I think of daffodils, spring and the movie Big Fish.  I'm a sucker for that movie and one of my favorite parts is the proposal in a field of daffodils.  I'm not normally that sappy of a person, but seriously who wouldn't want to be proposed to in a field of daffodils.  They aren't your normal go to flower, especially  not when romance is involved.  But they are lovely and happy and very inspiring when grouped all together.

I tried to recreate this affect, I wanted to take pictures of my beaded daffodils in a bouquet of fresh ones.  I think it would make an amazing bouquet.  Unfortunately, stores don't sell fresh bouquets of daffodils down here in Peoria like they do up in Chicago area.  I stopped by a local florist to see if they had any and was told they could order them for me but they don't carry them in stock because you can't pair a daffodil with other flowers.  I guess they don't combine as well.  I do see her point but then decided to break that rule. 
The following photos are me pairing my beaded daffodils with some orchids, daisies, and then daffodils solo.  How do you like to combine your daffodils?  Is it true, do they only go with other daffodils? 



 

No comments: